- I’ve double checked course dates. A ten day course actually spans 12 days in total. Please double check your course finish date and make plans accordingly.
- I know what is needed to travel to the Philippines. See Traveling to the Philippines page.
- I know how to get to the center. See Directions to the Center page.
- I know what time I must arrive at the center. See Arrival and Departure Times.
- I have the center’s phone number for emergencies, see Contact Us page for details
- I have packed everything I need.
What to bring
Bring enough comfortable, non-binding clothing for the duration of your stay. All students should observe the rules for modest dress as outlined in the Code of Discipline. Pants or skirts that cover your knees while you are seated are acceptable. Midsection and shoulders should also be covered. Shorts, tank tops, transparent, tight or revealing clothing, etc. are not permitted. Tights or leggings should be worn only under a knee length top or skirt/dress.
- Bring enough clothing for the course to minimize washing.
- Clothing should be comfortable and loose-fitting, suitable for meditation (clothes not too tight and not revealing).
- Please bring long pants or long skirts.
- Pants or skirts should at least cover your knees when seated. Midsection and shoulders should also be covered.
- Shorts, tank tops, transparent, tight or revealing clothing, etc. are not permitted. Tights or leggings should be worn only under a knee length top or skirt/dress.
- All students should observe the rules for modest dress as outlined in the Code of Discipline.
Please pack a single-sized bed sheet, a pillow case and a light sheet for a blanket. If you need extra blankets for the cold season, you could ask management.
* Meditation Cushions
We supply a large base cushion and a small sitting cushion for every student. Knee cushions are also available. Please feel free to bring your own cushion(s) that you may need or feel comfortable with.
For the comfort of the other students, please do not bring any perfumes or scented creams, powders, lotions, etc. You may bring the following items for your use:
Please carry all your prescribed medicines that you regularly use for the entire duration of your course. You may also carry your doctor’s prescription too.
On certain times of the day during breaks, you may wash your clothes and hang them to dry in certain locations.
* Other Items
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Bathing soap
- Shampoo / conditioner
- Unscented deodorant / lotion
- Toilet paper
- Shaving / female sanitary supplies
- Mosquito repellent
- Drinking water bottle
- Footwear: easy slip-ons, e.g. clogs, flip flops, etc.
- Shawl or light blanket for use in the meditation hall
- Warm clothing during November to February
Do Not Bring
You are requested not to bring any of the following items with you to the course:
If you arrive with any of the above items, you will be asked to leave them with the management until the end of the course.
- Tobacco / alcohol / non-prescribed drugs
- Musical instruments
- Books, diaries, journals and other reading/writing materials
- Camera / recording devices / CD players / radios / electronic equipment
- Cellular telephones / laptops / communication devices
- Religious or spiritual objects, such as amulets, rosaries, blessing cords, pictures, incense, crystals, etc.
- Jewelry and unnecessary valuables
Valuables are kept at the center at your own risk. The center management is not liable for any loss or damage to the valuables howsoever caused.
The management will do its utmost effort to keep everything as securely as possible. Nevertheless, students must understand that the management cannot accept responsibility for what has been deposited.